Beehive

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1991
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Pubs_​3-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The Beehive Pub was located in Commonside East, near the foot of the old bridge that provided its name. The pub has now closed.

Its longest serving licensee, Alfred Pays, took over the pub in 1928. He was awarded the
Sir Cyril Black Prize for outstanding service to the community in 1982.

A previous licensee was Richard Arthur, a member of a prominent Mitcham family.

Related items

Comments

* Required field