King's Head, Cricket Green
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1950|
|Notes / History||The King's Head, later known as the 'Burn Bullock,' has been around since at least the 17th century and possibly even the 16th century when it served as a coaching inn.
The signboard shows the head of Charles II to commemorate the supposed naming of the inn in celebration of the restored monarchy. However, the first actual record of the name 'Kings Head' is not until 1732.
The name was changed to 'Burn Bullock' in 1975 to honour a former landlord and cricketer who played for Mitcham. However, the pub has since shut down.