Morden Odeon, corner of London Road and Aberconway Road, Morden
Buy a print
|Copyright 1||Surrey & South London News papers|
|Notes / History||Initially independent, this 1930's cinema was eventually added to the Odeon circuit. Situated near the underground station and bus depot, it was soon attracting large audiences.
In addition to the films themselves, the cinema also offered cabaret, youth incentives such as the Road Safety certificate and a popular cafe facility.
By the early '70s competition for leisure time was too great and the cinema closed in 1973.
For a short period, the building survived as a B&Q warehouse, however redevelopment in the early '90s led to its demolition. The site is now occupied by the local Iceland store.