Rear of Church House, Merton.
Buy a print
|Notes / History||The house was built on the site of a Tudor mansion and between 1820 and 1845 the property was used as a workhouse, and later as a school.
Part of the house was demolished in 1911 and the remainder in 1923. The wall which enclosed the house still survives and dates from the 16th and 17th centuries.
The wrought iron entrance gates can now be found outside No.10 Church Path.