Glebe Estate, Mitcham

Glebe Estate, Mitcham

Prints Temporarily Unavailable

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1956
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 Sydney W Newberry
Picture Reference Mit_​Buildings_​52-4
Original Format Photo
Notes / History During the 1950's, "Mitcham Corporation claimed with pride to have the best municipal housing record of any authority in Surrey." Glebe Court, built on land formerly owned by the parish church (glebe land) was just one of several ambitious municipal property developments constructed during the post war era. There was little in the way of private building, or war reparations during this period, due to financial commitments and restrictions on materials.

Related items

Comments

* Required field