Laburnum Road Estate, Mitcham

Laburnum Road Estate, Mitcham

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1956
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 Sydney W Newberry
Picture Reference Mit_​Buildings_​53-5
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Shown is a view overlooking the Laburnum Road Estate situated in Figg's Marsh, Mitcham, and built alongside the Mitcham railway line, The Estate was built in the 1950's by the London Borough of Merton and was just one of several Housing Estates built by the Council to meet the urgent need for housing following the 2nd World War. The Estate comprised of both high rise maisonettes and houses.

Related items

Comments

* Required field