Morden Park House, London Road, Morden

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1983
Area Morden
Picture Reference MerMor_​Houses_​Buildings_​Morden_​Lodge_​23-3
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Morden Park House was a grand
building constructed by John Ewart
in 1770. It stands on land formerly
owned by the Garth family, lords of
the manor of Morden from the 16th
century.

For a brief period following the
Second World War, the building
became the headquarters for the
local golf club. It later became the
headquarters for the council
Parks Department and stood
vacant for a lengthy period from 1985
onwards.

Now refurbished Morden Park House
now holds the local Registry for
births, marriages and deaths.

Related items

Comments

* Required field