Morden Hall Road, Morden: Red Cottage and Saddlers End

Morden Hall Road, Morden: Red Cottage and Saddlers End

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date November 1952
Area Morden
Copyright 1 B.H. Fletcher enlarged by W.A. Cook
Picture Reference MerMor_​Streets_​MER_​MOS_​34-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History These two cottages, Sadler's End and Red Cottage, are set into an 18th Century red brick wall which encloses the Morden Hall Park Estate, along Morden Hall Road. They were probably occupied by the Head Groom or tack valets.

They were put into use as sick rooms and isolation wards when Morden Hall was used as a school, but now house staff of the National Trust.

Related items

Comments

* Required field