Kingston Road, The Old Leather Bottle, Merton Park
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1961|
|Notes / History||The original pub on this site is believed to date back to 1700. It was a properly licensed house. The first landlord recorded in lists of local victuallers is Edward Hubbart who was there in 1725.
In 1897 an application was made for a new pub to be built in a slightly different position. It was used as a meeting place for a number of groups in the early twentieth century.
In the 1970s and 1980s it was a venue for jazz and blues music. It is still a venue for live bands.