The Five Bells, Colliers Wood. Later known as the Six Bells

Prints Temporarily Unavailable

Buy a print

Area Colliers Wood
Copyright 1 Copy by W.A.Cook 1951 from original in collection of the Museum of Wimbledon
Picture Reference MerMor_​Pubs_​3-4
Original Format Painting
Notes / History This pub was originally known as 'Five Bells,' which later became the 'Six Bells,' and finally, 'The Royal Six Bells' after the Prince of Wales, latterly Edward VII, gave the inn his custom. The pub shown in this watercolour was demolished in 1855 so the Lambeth Water Company could lay water mains; consequently, they had to finance the new building. This second pub still stands in Colliers Wood, though it is no longer bears any of its original names.

Related items

Comments

* Required field