The Dog & Partridge, Merton High Street
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1953|
|Copyright 1||W.A. Cook|
|Notes / History||Situated at 101 Merton High Street there had been a old ale house on this site since 1835. Used by the local people as a club for games beer and porter was brought round by a potman. Every Christmas each customer was given a large of boiled beef and carrots with any leftovers going to the poor.
Despite attempts by the regulars, some who had used it for over 40 years, to stop its closure it shut in 1974. It was demolished to make way for further development of the area and the building of the High Path housing estate.