Merton Park level crossing, Kingston Road
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1914|
|Copyright 1||London Borough of Merton|
|Notes / History|| This shows the original wooden crossing gates which were closed manually, prior to the passage of a train.
The painted sign and gas lamps of the old White Hart Inn are clearby visible, far left. The pub was badly damaged by bombing during World War II and largely reconstructed during the 1950s.