Ravensbury Arms and the Blue House, Mitcham

Ravensbury Arms and the Blue House, Mitcham

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1869
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 London Borough of Merton
Picture Reference Mit_​TomFrancis_​Ln142
Original Format Photo
Photographer / Origin of Photo Tom Francis
Notes / History People outside The Ravensbury Arms pub (formerly called the Blue House), displays a sign bearing the arms of the manor of Ravensbury. During the Medieval period, jurisdiction over the parish of Mitcham was divided between four manors: Biggin & Tamworth to the north, Vauxhall (Phipps Bridge to Commonside West), Mitcham Canons and Ravensbury to the west. Over the centuries, the manor of Ravensbury has been associated with many notable names. For instance, control passes to the Carews of Beddington during the Tudor period and the Bidder family during the 19th century.

Related items

Comments

* Required field