Bull, Church Road
Buy a print
|Copyright 1||Charles Wild|
|Notes / History||The Bull Inn was originally known as the “Black Bull." The inn dates back to the 18th century and was once described as a “genteel and good accustomed public house kept by Mr. Sanders."
Charles Allen Young and his partner Anthony Fothergill Bainbridge bought the business of the Trillon family in 1831. In 1832 they leased The Bull. The partnership was dissolved in 1884 and the freehold of The Bull was bought by Young & Co in 1889.