The Bull, Church Road

The Bull, Church Road

Buy a print

Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 Charles Wild
Picture Reference Mit_​Pubs_​5-3
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The Bull Inn was originally known as the “Black Bull." Initially the pub was linked to a house and yard leased by a local farmer.

Charles Allen Young and his partner Anthony Fothergill Bainbridge bought the brewery business of the Tritton family in 1831. In 1832 they leased The Bull. The partnership was dissolved in 1884 and the freehold of The Bull was bought by Young & Co.

During the 1920s, the pub offered a varied entertainment programme, including early showings of talking films, such as the “Jazz Singer” with Al Jolson. It has since closed down.

Related items

Comments

* Required field