King's College School, Wimbledon

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1897
Area Wimbledon Village
Picture Reference Wim_​Schools_​2-1
Original Format Photo
Notes / History King's College School was founded in 1829 as the junior department of King's College London, and originally occupied the basement of the university on the Strand. Due to the demand for improved facilities, the school moved to Wimbledon in 1897, purchasing a property known as South Hayes, which faces the Common. It remains in that location to this day.

Related items

Comments

* Required field