|Notes / History
||This prestigious public school was founded in 1831 and originally stood on the Strand in central London. Growing competition and the need for larger premises resulted in a transfer to Wimbledon in 1897. Initially the school occupied an 18th century building known as South Hayes, together with eight acres of land. The facilities were subsequently modernised and expanded, to include a fine library, science block, theatre and sports grounds. However, after the buildings shown here were all completed in 1903, save for a few additions onto the side of the Great Hall, the appearance of the school changed little over the next 70 years.