|Notes / History
||Queens Road School was completed in 1902, and began life as a girls' school, for ages 7-14. In 1935, it became exclusively a senior girls' school. The school carried on throughout the war years and beyond, despite two bombs falling on the playground in 1940 (fortunately no one was hurt), and a severe influenza epidemic in the winter of 1946-7, that resulted in one fatality. However, in 1966, after Merton reorganised their educational system, Queens Road School became the 'annexe' to Ricards Lodge. The building is still a school, and is currently The Priory, a co-ed C of E primary school.