Wimbledon County School for Girls

Wimbledon County School for Girls

Prints Temporarily Unavailable

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1938
Area Merton Park
Picture Reference Wim_​33_​1-54
Original Format Postcard
Notes / History The Wimbledon County School for Girls was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the school did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive educational system, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School.

Related items


* Required field