Wimbledon County School for Girls: Marching Competition
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1954|
|Notes / History||Spectators enjoy a marching display put on by students at the Wimbledon County School for Girls, part of an event that included demonstrations of dance and gymnastics.
The school was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the Wimbledon County School did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive education, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School.