Wimbledon County School for Girls: Rounders Team
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1948|
|Notes / History||Rounders was one of the sports available in the summer term to students at the Wimbledon County School for Girls, along with tennis. Rounders is now a relatively rare addition to the school sports timetable and tends to be restricted to the primary age group.
The school was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the Wimbledon County School did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive educational system, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School.