Whatley Avenue School, Students and staff portrait
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Teachers from the elementary and junior schools, Raynes Park, c.1910.
Teaching stafff at the Botsford Road Schools, opened in 1909, and ministered to the needs of over a thousand children, (350 boys, 350 girls and 340 infants)
A separate building was added in 1911, for the teaching of woodwork, metal work and "housecraft", a subject intended specifically for girls.
Today the school buildings survive as Merton Adult College and Joseph Hood First School.