Baron House, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Baron House Academy, 1814. This large property was named after barrister Oliver Baron, who lived there between 1767 and 1876.
The house subsequently became a private boarding school for young gentlemen, run by James Dempster. This picture shows some of the students engaged in recreational activities, from kite-flying and cricket, to general exercise, or what may be a game of leapfrog.