Wimbledon County School for Girls: Sixth form students

Wimbledon County School for Girls: Sixth form students

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1918
Area Merton Park
Picture Reference Wim_​33_​1-16
Original Format Postcard
Notes / History The school was initially founded in 1905 as a teacher's training centre, but a secondary school naturally grew up around it, which was formally recognised in 1907. Despite this, due to the war and other issues, the Wimbledon County School did not acquire a permanent building until 1924. The school closed in 1969 when Merton reorganised their comprehensive education, and was merged with the Rickards Lodge School.

Related items

Comments

* Required field