Wimbledon Town Golf Club
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1908|
|Notes / History||The players in the foreground are the Mayor of Wimbledon, Councillor C. Walsh (holding a club) and George Booth, Club Captain.
The Club was just a few months old and had been formed following the transfer of the Royal Wimbledon Golf Club to a site farther south.
The headquarters of the Town Club were located in West Place - the sporting association still survives but is now known as the Wimbledon Common Golf Club.