Ceremony at Hengelo Gardens
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||August 1958|
|Notes / History||The opening of a new road in Mitcham, named Hengelo Gardens, on the Ravensbury Estate.
The road was named after the town of Hengelo, Holland, which was Mitcham's adopted Dutch town. Annual exchanges by sportsmen and women had been made between the two towns since 1946, to promote friendship through sport.
In 1955, a square in Hengelo had been renamed Mitchamplein.