Caesar's Well, Wimbledon Common
Buy a copy
|Notes / History||Caesar's Well is the name given to this natural spring, to the west of the Common, which has supplied local residents with water for centuries.
The water rises from a depth of around 18 feet (roughly 5 metres) and has never been known to dry out, even during periods of drought.
Flanked by granite blocks since 1872, the water is now dispensed from a standpipe.