Shed placed by Conservators on Mitcham Common
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1904|
|Copyright 1||E.A. Martin of Commons and Footpath Preservation Society|
|Notes / History||Thought to have been erected by the Mitcham Common Conservators, the purpose of this structure is something of a mystery. It was probably for storing tools used by those working on the common but may also have served as some form of shelter during bad weather.
The Conservators have been legal custodians of Mitcham Common since 1891. They are authorised to manage the Common and make byelaws for its protection.