Holland Gardens, Wimbledon:

Holland Gardens, Wimbledon:

Prints Temporarily Unavailable

Buy a print

Area Raynes Park
Picture Reference Wim_​24_​6-1
Original Format Postcard
Notes / History Holland Gardens is a lovely secluded open space located in West Wimbledon.

Sir Arthur and Dame Mary Catherine Barbara Holland were highly respected residents in Wimbledon, well known for their tireless service to the local community.

Sir Arthur founded Wimbledon and Mitcham Library in 1888, was President of Wimbledon Football Club, and was sworn in as a Justice of the Peace in 1893.

Following his death in January 1928, Dame Holland decided to give the Borough a place for the community to enjoy in memory of her husband.

Related items

Comments

* Required field