Parish Church, Mitcham

Parish Church, Mitcham

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1910
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Churches_​7-19
Original Format Postcard
Notes / History This is a side view of the church taken from Church Road.

During the medieval period Mitcham residents worshipped in a smaller flint and stone church with a rounded bell-tower. Damaged by fire during the seventeenth century, the building rapidly became obsolete as the population grew.

The current church dates from 1821 and can accommodate up to 1000 people.

Related items

Comments

* Required field