Parish Church, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1910|
|Notes / History||This is a side view of the church taken from Church Road.
During the medieval period Mitcham residents worshipped in a smaller flint and stone church with a rounded bell-tower. Damaged by fire during the seventeenth century, the building rapidly became obsolete as the population grew.
The current church dates from 1821 and can accommodate up to 1000 people.