Atkinson Morley Hospital , Copse Hill
Buy a copy
|Copyright 1||Published by The Grange Publishing Co, London SW19|
|Notes / History||Atkinson Morley Hospital was built using money bequeathed by Mr Atkinson Morley in the late 1860s.
In 1908 iron balconies were fixed to the south side of the hospital.
During the First World War the hospital cared for nearly 1000 servicemen. After the war it reverted to caring for the general public.
By 1939 the number of beds had been reduced to 74 in an attempt to cut costs.