Horse and cart belonging to Wimbledon Fire Brigade

Buy a print

Area Wimbledon Village
Picture Reference Wim_​35_​2-6
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Training session for the Wimbledon Fire Brigade. Note the brass helmets and the greyhound dog, in the centre of the photograph, which was the brigade’s mascot.

The horses were used to pull the pump until 1913.

Related items

Comments

* Required field