|Notes / History
||Shown is the 'Woodlands' a low rise sheltered housing development overlooking Commonside East, developed by the local authority circa 1950's/60's on the site of a substantial house, known as The Woodlands. The precise date of the original house is not known but it appears to have been constructed prior to a Tithe survey in 1846, and adjoined the site of The Croft. A succession of occupants from the mid 1850's include Richard T Moore, William Billinghurst, Langton Bayley and Charles Hitchings. Of note Alfred Jenner occupied the property from the early 1920's. He was the proprietor of the engineering works on Fair Green which bore his name. Much of the site and former ground of The Woodlands are now covered by the Cedars Housing Estate built in the early 1950's by Mitcham Borough Council.