Wilson Hospital, Cranmer Road, Mitcham
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1930|
|Notes / History||Wilson Cottage Hospital, was opened in 1928 with donations made by the building developer Sir Isaac Wilson.
It had a ten bed ward for men; a similar ward for women; six beds for children and four single rooms for private patients.
The ground floor held an operating theatre; a sterilising room; dispensary; X-Ray and Violet Ray rooms and Casualty and Emergency wards. During the post war era the hospital developed a reputation for the treatment of bone injuries.
The Princess Royal, Princess Mary carried out the opening ceremony.