South Wimbledon Cottage Hospital
Buy a print
|Notes / History||Men's ward, South Wimbledon Cottage Hospital, 1908.
This photograph may reveal part of the interior of the original Nelson hospital, then known as the South Wimbledon, Merton and District Cottage Hospital.
The premises and medical services were funded through public subscriptions and money-raising initiatives.
The hospital was opened in 1900, by the wife of Wimbledon MP, Cosmo Bonsor.