Wilson Hospital, Mitcham
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date
|News & Mercury
|Notes / History
|Award winning nurses at the Wilson Hospital, Mitcham.
Sitting in front row 2nd from left is the Matron Miss D Libby, Alderman G W Pearce centre and extreme right Mr E Field
Local authorities branched out in their search for staff. During the 1950’s this involved active recruitment of women form overseas, including Ireland, Greece and the Caribbean. The success of this approach at Wilson Hospital seems evident from this picture.