Wandle, Ravensbury Park
Buy a copy
|Notes / History
|Ravensbury Park was once part of a great estate, known as the Manor of Ravensbury, which can be traced back to the Doomesday Survey of 1086. The park itself was the rump of the estate bought by the local council in 1930.
The rest of the estate had been broken up and sold for housing development after World War One. The park was managed jointly by the borough of Mitcham and the urban district of
Merton and Morden until their amalgamation in 1965 into the
London Borough of Merton.