Wandle at Mitcham
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1905|
|Notes / History||This is a photograph of the view immediately upstream of Mitcham Bridge taken in 1905.
On the right are the buildings of Glover’s Snuff Mill, built about a century earlier by miller and snuff manufacturer Richard Glover.
Glover’s Snuff Mill was long disused at the time this photograph was taken and was finally pulled down in 1922.
On the left are Fisheries Cottage and other mill workers’ cottages on the opposite bank of the river.