Golf Club House, Raynes Park

Golf Club House, Raynes Park

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1910
Area Raynes Park
Picture Reference MerMor_​26_​2-1
Original Format Postcard
Notes / History Raynes Park Golf Club was founded in 1893, with a course extending across the Grand Drive area.

During the interwar period golf enjoyed renewed popularity, largely due to the sporting prowess of Edward, Prince of Wales. By 1924 the Raynes Park Golf Club had 400 members including 100 women.

During the latter half of the decade, the Club moved to the other side of Beverley Brook. It still survives but is now known as Malden Golf Club.

Related items

Comments

* Required field