Opening of Open Air Swimming Bath, Wandle Park
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||August 1913|
|Notes / History||The official opening of the open air swimming pool at Wandle Park, Colliers Wood in August 1913.
The children's pool was constructed by the local council in an area to the rear of Millers Mead, off Merton High Street. This section of Wandle Park fell within the jurisdiction of the newly formed Mitcham Urban District Council.
The pool remained in use until 1933, when the new Public Baths were opened opposite Eagle House on London Road, Mitcham