Mitcham Golf Club House

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1910
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​Sport_​9-6
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The Princes Golf Club was founded in 1891. The Club proved extremely popular and the clubhouse was eventually constructed close to Mitcham Junction, using land owned by the local railway.

The Club was later bought by the wealthy Conservative MP, Sir Harry Mallaby-Deeley and became extremely exclusive. Ordinary Mitcham residents were unable to use the course.

In 1924 the golf course was presented to the Commons Conservators for public use and Mitcham Golf Club was formed soon afterwards.

Related items

Comments

* Required field