Cricket Pavilion, Mitcham
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1910|
|Copyright 1||London View Co. Ltd|
|Notes / History||During the early history of Mitcham cricket club, the team had changing rooms in nearby Cricketers Inn.
The scorer was based on the pub balcony, which afforded the best view of the ground, and refreshments tents were erected on the green itself.
The striking Club Pavilion was constructed in 1904 and houses changing rooms, in addition to a small bar and trophy room.
The set-up is unusual, as batsman have to cross a busy road in order to reach their clubhouse.