The Ken MacKintosh Orchestra at Wimbledon Palais.
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1951|
|Notes / History||Between the 1930s and 1950s popular orchestras and American influenced “Big Bands” offered a wide range of jazz, easy listening and dance music.
Wimbledon Palais, which stood on Merton High Street, had been used during the First World War for the manufacturing of hot air balloons and airships. It reopened in 1922 as Wimbledon Palais de Danse.
This was the resident band at the Palais between 1950 and 1953.