London Road, Mitcham: Swimming Baths

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1952
Area Mitcham
Copyright 1 Phox Studios
Picture Reference Mit_​Sport_​13-6
Original Format Photo
Notes / History The Mitcham Swimming Club was opened in late 1932 to replace the open air swimming pools in Collier's Wood. The pools were closed in the winter and converted over into a Winter Hall, where balls, plays, games, and other events took place, making it a centre for social life in Mitcham.

Related items

Comments

* Required field