Wimbledon Bridge: From Hill Road
Buy a copy
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1907|
|Notes / History||This bridge over the railway was built in 1836 but widened in 1906, in order to allow the installation of two sets of tram lines.
The entrance to Wimbledon Station is shown, picture left. By this point, local roads were becoming increasingly crowded, as bicycles, trams and horse-drawn vehicles competed for space.
The Railway Hotel, which dominates the skyline, had been built some thirty years earlier.