Wimbledon Hill Road, Wimbledon
Prints Temporarily Unavailable
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||c.1912|
|Notes / History||
By this stage, Wimbledon was a thriving "railway suburb," even more so after the tram extension of 1906. Between 1870 and 1920, the number of houses in the locality increased dramatically, as the area south of the railway was lined with rows of terraced housing. A number of estate agents were established to meet the needs of the public, including Ogden's, pictured here, which was one of the first agencies operating in the Wimbledon area.