Wimbledon Hill Road, Wimbledon

Wimbledon Hill Road, Wimbledon

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1912
Area Wimbledon
Picture Reference Wim_​14_​2-78
Original Format Photo
Notes / History


By this stage, Wimbledon was a thriving "railway suburb," even more so after the tram extension of 1906. Between 1870 and 1920, the number of houses in the locality increased dramatically, as the area south of the railway was lined with rows of terraced housing. A number of estate agents were established to meet the needs of the public, including Ogden's, pictured here, which was one of the first agencies operating in the Wimbledon area.

Related items

Comments

* Required field