Nelson Hospital, Kingston Road, Merton Park
Buy a print
|Partial / Incomplete Date||C.1912|
|Notes / History||The Nelson Hospital was opened in 1912 at the Rush and replaced the South Wimbledon, Merton and District Cottage Hospital opened in 1900, at 173 Merton Road. The hospital was enlarged with the building of the War Memorial Wing in 1922.
In addition to providing general medical care for the Wimbledon and Merton area, the hospital also developed a reputation for its maternity wing, opened during the early 1930s.