Phipps Bridge Road, Mitcham: Now Liberty Avenue showing Rats Castle

Buy a print

Partial / Incomplete Date c.1912
Area Mitcham
Picture Reference Mit_​9_​16-3
Original Format Photo
Notes / History Old Barn House, located on the junction of Christchurch, Church and Phipps Bridge Road. Originally used by J. Meadows for textile bleaching, after as a confectionery shop (according to Tom Francis memory). Demolished in 1961 because of its derelict state being named Rats Castle.

Related items

Comments

* Required field